NASHVILLE, TN, April 7, 2017 — Play Like a Girl, a Nashville-based 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to advancing the health and empowerment of girls and women through sport and physical activity, today announced its new National Board of Directors and the establishment of its Executive Leadership Council for the 2017-19 term. The new board was elected after a three-month nationwide search supported by ESPNW, Board Source and Board Member Connect. The board will be led by Chair-Elect, Christy Pruitt-Haynes, a human resources executive and Nashville native.
Members of the Play Like a Girl Board of Directors include:
- Shawn Blair, Vice President of Sales, SQD by Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN)
- Aundrea Caldwell, Business Process Manager, Alphabet, Inc. (Google) (San Francisco, CA)
- Kelly Cooper, Client Strategy & Innovation, Ernst & Young (New York, NY)
- Katherine Faulkner, Director, Human Resources, Gibson Brands (Nashville, TN)
- Jodie Gleason, VP & Controller, Broadcast Music, Inc. (Nashville, TN)
- Leigh Holt, Founder & President, maddjett & REDJETT (Franklin, TN)
- Miriam Kendall, Senior Director, Consumer Acquisition & Retention, Under Armour (Baltimore, MD)
- Mary Kotch, Executive Vice President & CIO, Validus Holdings Ltd. (Schnecksville, PA)
- Corey Meyerson, Director of Motocross, NBC Sports Group (Knoxville, TN)
- Sara Moreland, Account Executive, Quore Systems (Nashville, TN)
- Sarah Staley, Senior Director, Corporate Communications, Realtor.com (Silicon Valley, CA)
- Nailah Ellis Timberlake, Manager of USA Swimming Productions, USA Swimming (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Cecelia Townes, Founder, GladiatHers.com & Beyond the Game LLC (Atlanta, GA)
- Rachel White, Key Account Manager, LinkedIn (Los Angeles, CA)
Executive Leadership Council members include:
- Danielle Burrell, Owner/Principal, Treux North Wellness (New Orleans, LA)
- Tina Dessart, Director, Make A Splash Program, USA Swimming Foundation (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Claire Donahue, Clinician & Instructor, Fitter and Faster Swim (Knoxville, TN)
- Wendy Kotorynski, Nonprofit Fundraising and Leadership Consultant (Long Beach, CA)
- Kara Lynn Joyce, Olympic Swimmer, KaraLynnJoyce.com (Denver, CO)
- Jenny Kim, CEO, Kim Pound (Lafayette, CA)
- Hilary Machemer, Physical Education Teacher, Carmel Clay Schools (Westfield, IN)
- Deondra Moore, Founder & Owner, Moore 2 Business Consulting (Nashville, TN)
- Lina Shields, Senior Director, Consumer Marketing, Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)
Play Like a Girl marshals volunteer talent to deliver critical programs to empower young girls around the world to get involved in sport, physical activity and active play. To accomplish this, the organization leverages the collective power of women volunteers, esteemed athletes and executives in the sports industry to deliver the early, positive experiences girls need to adopt a lifelong commitment to an active, healthy lifestyle. The Board of Directors is comprised of a prestigious group of senior executives that provide expertise, insights and financial support to ensure programs are effective and impactful.
“We are thrilled to announce these new directors and leadership council members who are innovators and visionaries in a healthy range of fields. Their insights will be invaluable to Play Like a Girl and the girls and women we serve as we prepare to scale our programming nationwide,” said Dr. Kimberly S. Clay, President and CEO of Play Like a Girl.
ABOUT PLAY LIKE A GIRL
Play Like a Girl is a leading 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation dedicated to girls and women, with a multi-platform presence in programming, community outreach, live events and online. The organization’s flagship Clubs program is the preeminent sports and physical activity initiative for middle school girls, generating program extensions such as the popular Pop-Up Play Day and GAME CHANGERS Stem-In-Sports Camp & Mentoring Program. For 13 years, Play Like a Girl, which has a global reach of over 10,000 annually, has been the leading source of cutting-edge information and specific solutions relating to girls’ health and empowerment. To learn more about Play Like a Girl and its programs, visit www.iplaylikeagirl.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.